Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


It is officially the first day of Autumn 2015! Since I am in a week of limbo when it comes to working, Tucker and I made our way up the canyon, I picked up my schedule for my new work, and I baked my first ever pumpkin bread! I was a little nervous because the closest things I've ever baked from scratch are cookies and brownies not to mention, you know, that stuff in a box where you add water that no one should be able to mess up. My cookies and brownies from scratch are pretty popular in this house but bread was a whole new world. Fall is just everywhere online though and I wanted to celebrate it with some chocolate chip pumpkin bread!

I just googled "Pumpkin Bread" and this recipe was the 2nd to come up. It seemed easy enough; I had almost all the ingredients (had to grab a couple spices from good ol' Wal-Mart). After a trip to Wal-Mart, and feeding my wonderful husband, I got down to business!

*This recipe was tested and perfected by onceuponachef.com. All credit goes to them, I simply enjoyed her recipe!*

By Jennifer Segal

Servings: 2 loaves
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes (My oven is so hot it took 50 minutes for me)
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour (level off measuring cup)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (I used salted because that's what I had; it still tastes great to me!)
2 large eggs
1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin (I used Libby's)
1 10-oz bag of chocolate chips (I used Nestle's dark chocolate morsals)

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease two loaf pans (approx. 8.5 x 4.5 inches)

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a bowl; mix well and set aside.

In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy texture, or a few minutes. Beat in pumpkin.

At low speed, beat flour mixture until combined.

At this point, add chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate morsals; they are a bit larger) and mix well.

Turn batter into prepared pans dividing the batter evenly and bake for about 65 minutes or until the center comes out clean (butter knife, toothpick, etc.). Let loaves cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack to cool completely.

________________________________________


I was so thrilled with this recipe! After they cooled about 10 minutes we dove right into them. The crust is crispy and the center is so soft. Because I didn't wait, when I sliced them (serrated knife) they sort of fell apart. Worth it!

Visit Once Upon A Chef for Nutrition information if you so desire! Pumpkin Bread

Would I do this again, absolutely!


No comments:

Post a Comment